Friday, December 2, 2011

How can I catch a clean wave when I go surfing?

I go surfing at a beginner spot and I use a 6ft6 fishtail board. I find it hard to catch a clean wave. What must I do? I can turn into the wave but I lose speed quite fast. Is there a way that I can not lose speed and surf a clean wave? And must my foot be on the grip at the back or just before it? Thanks!|||Maintaining speed on a wave is all about being in the right spot. Chances are you are going strait on the wave when you first stand up and if you are surfing small waves this will take you out of the power zone. What you want to do is paddle in a bit diagonally or immediately turn when you stand up. Stay towards the upper part of the wave and generate speed by pumping. Its not easy and takes practice. You would have an easier time on a funboard or longboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment