Friday, December 2, 2011

What can I buy to protect my lower back while surfing in the ocean?

I need to surf, and I'm worried that I might fall on my lower back. Where can I buy surfing accessories? I need something that really protects by back so I can wear it under the wetsuit, Or where can I buy a wet suit that provides really back support in case I fall down? Please help|||Surfing helps strengthen your back. You could wear a back brace used for lifting heavy things but that will just give you a false sense of security. Or wear a neoprene belly band around your waist as add'l support.|||they dont make anything that will support your back for surfing.


why are you worried about you back so much. unless your surfing waves that will slam you into the sea bed, your back should not be a problem.





but you can probaly go to your local pharmacy and get a back brace that will fit under your wet suit.|||I once got hit by a lip on a wedge wave, I went head first into shallow water, hit the sand really with my head. Had to see a physiotherapist after that to treat the muscles that had become strained and bruised in my back.





In other words don't wipe out.





Today's wetsuits aren't designed for back-support, they're designed for flexbility and warmth. Maybe you should call a wetsuit manufacturer and make a suggestion.





;)|||Good luck with that mate.|||get some impact foam and shape it yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment