Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How do i improve my surfing paddling to get out there?

Hey guys,





I'm relatively new to surfing and just started to learn to paddle to get out a few hundred feet to where the waves break...however it is incredibly hard (especially for a beginner) and I need to improve my paddling, ASAP, so I can have more endurance and speed when going out there. What can I do to get better at it/strengthen myself without actually going to the beach?





Thanks|||If you can use a pool or have access to one. You can put your board in the water and use the leash to tie it to an anchor. Then either lie or knee on the board and practice you paddle strokes. Practice this for at least and hour non-stop every day until you get use to it. Then you can increase the time in 15 to 30 minute increments. When you can paddle for up to 2 hours, you should in in good shape.


You should notice your arms, shoulders and chest toning up and probably getting bigger.|||The absolute best way to get better at anything is to do it. Paddle as much as you can and in time you will be able to paddle as far as you want easily. Just paddle a bunch and you will get better.





You can also work on your upper body strength. Do push ups and swim a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment