Friday, December 2, 2011

Is it OK to go surfing 24 hours after getting 2 staples in my scalp?

I麓ve two staples in my scalp, the wound is 2.5cm, nothing too heavy. Most of the webpages say that I麓ve to leave the wound dry for 24 hours. The 24 hours are over, Im in Hawaii and I wanna go surfing... Is it OK to get in the water? What are the odds of getting an infection or something like that?


Please answer ASAP, I wanna go surfing!


THANKS!|||The sensible answer is probably NO. But when it comes to surfing in Hawaii, I would say yes. A few years back, I split the top of my head wide open while surfing. I walked out of the water bleeding like something from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I was staying right on the beach, so I walked to the condo, and my wife washed me up and closed a four inch gash with some Butterfly dressings, and I was back in the water riding an overhead swell from an offshore tropical depression. Was that smart? No. Did it hurt? Yeah. Did I have a great day surfing? You bet. And now I have a four inch scar on my scalp that looks like someone attacked me with a tomahawk. But I wasn't real pretty to begin with, and I sure did get some great rides that day.|||My buddy once had a smaller sized headwound with 3 staples, he went and got a swim cap because we had good swell the next day, we cleaned it off again as soon as he got out as well. Didn't cause any problems and it stayed surprisingly really dry. Sure he got some looks buy it was worth it.|||I would just call the doctor really quick (: If he says yes, then sure, it's fine. Good luck %26amp; have fun!! I live in Hawaii too.|||I think you should wait another 24 hours, just to be on the safe side.|||I'd wait like a few more days dude... (:|||i'd ask the doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment