Friday, December 2, 2011

Surfing......?

Hi, I am going to take 1-2 months off work this fall, and I want to spend the entire time surfing. I have never surfed before but I know I will love it and become instantly addicted. Does anyone know of some surf camp, or some sort of program where i could do this type of thing? I just want to shred waves.|||Surfing is an ocean sport. before you decide to surf, decide to know and understand the ocean. Learn to be at home with its currents, rips, undertows and sometimes BIG waves.





Go to a good surf shop (not a bathing suit store that sells some surfboards). The folks there can hook you up with lessons, and even rent you a board to learn on. Just work on your basics, and after you feel good, think about buying a board, but don't rush into anything. Depending on where you live, there are surf camps around. Also, you can travel to surf destinations for two or three week surfing vacations, complete with instruction. There may be some good leads in the links I attached.





Be careful of what you read here on line. There are lots of really well meaning young folks who have neat answers about surfing, but at 55, I tend to classify anyone under 25 as a kid. After I found this site, I figured that I could answer a few questions, and spread the 'good news' of surfing. After you learn to swim and master the ocean, get your REAL advice from a surf shop, where industry professionals earn their rent money selling surfboards.





I have been surfing for 42 wonderful years. I Good luck. Once you try surfing (and learn the 'right way') you'll have fun for life.





Take the time to check out the links, especially surfingforlife.|||I would suggest getting some surfing lessons. I went to a surf Camp in lanzarote. It was great, I got to meet some great guys and had a great surfing experiance. Here is the url for more info: http://www.surfingholidays.co.uk

Report Abuse


|||I love your enthusiasm for surfing. It is definitely addictive art/sport. If you travel to Cancun check out 360Surf school. I hope after the surf time you will be prepared to leave your job and find another that is geared towards the surf industry in some manner.

Report Abuse


|||Location would help, i.e. how far are you willing to travel, how much are you willing to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment