Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How can I practice surfing at home?

I live in Sarasota and The only time I can surf is when we head out to our holiday home in Portugal,and we go there like, idk every 2/3 months or so. So do you (yes,lad I am talking to YOU) know of any ways of practicing surfing at home, so next time I hit the beach I can surf like cody maverick?|||search it in youtube.com


and u would learn it by watching


so simple...............|||realistically, to surf well, you have to surf a lot. There is nothing really other than surfing that will make you a good surfer. The water has to feel like home.





I hadn't been in the water for three weeks until I went today, because I had been on holiday. And even three weeks made a difference, I needed time to get used to the water again (ducking under crashing waves, paddling to the back, standing up smoothly) it took me a good half an hour.|||Unfortunately not really. All the exercises in the world are not going to make you a better surfer. What you can do is exercises a lot. Build a super strong core, and do full body weight lifting and body weight exercises that engage all of your muscles. Work on your balance. Work on cardio. Make sure to build a strong back, shoulder and chest. Doing this in your off time will make you stronger in the water and build better reflexes and response times so that when you do get back to surfing you will be able to get back into it quicker. Indo boards are good for balance and if you can take your surfboard and just paddle for an hour or so if the water is flat.|||you would have to buy a state of the art wave machine and install in your home.|||do plenty of balance excersises and maybe buy an indo board i bought one and it helped me.|||SWIM

No comments:

Post a Comment