Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What do glasses wearers do when surfing?

Hi,





I am pretty much blind without my glasses (prescription so bad that they don't even do soft lens for me yet!) and have booked a surfing holiday in a few weeks. I am wondering how other surfers either secure their glasses or see when surfing!





Any advice welcome!





Thanks!|||I wear soft contacts, never had a problem. If I were you, I would just try your hard contacts with an extra set in case you lose one. But I would never try goggles.|||prescription goggles are the best, and for the outside of the goggles, use rain-x it is just like water, follow the instructions on the bottle and you will have a perfectly clear outside lense, it makes the water bounce off , it is amazing,try it on cars, I also use it on my motorbike screen, and my helmet visor, this is far superior to any product I have used, the next best thing is a product called (cat crap) yes that's right cat crap, bought on ebay, but this is a paste, for insde of leses %26amp; screens ,it also gets a giggle when you say I have cat crap on my face and in my pocket,|||If you can't use contacts, I don't know what to say. I always surf with my soft contacts without any problems, but I don't know if hard lenses would work. Wearing glasses works fine if you just get a strap for them (as long as you don't fall too much) but glasses don't work too well if you get them wet.|||My friend surfs without glasses and has a litte trouble surfing, but its apparently not that bad. I guess prescription googles would be an option, you don't really want to be wearing glass while you're surfing. Or you could get contacts, I know people who surf with them. Of course, you should ask your optometrist first.|||Most people just squint and stare. If you are going surfing for the first time, it won't matter much what you can or can't see anyhow. You are way too raw to pretend that you can 'read' the waves. Just do what the instructor tells you, and have fun. If you get hooked, and decide to take real lessons, on a long term basis, we can cross that bridge when you come to it. Good luck, have fun.|||You really don't have to focus on much when your surfing. As long as you can see when a waves' coming or when someones' on a wave and you're in their way.|||You can get persciption goggles.|||You could try some prescription goggles from your optician. Seriously.|||precccripption goggles|||they have precccripption goggles|||feel your way

No comments:

Post a Comment