Friday, December 2, 2011

How can I prevent rash on my thighs during surfing?

I get a rash after about an hour of surfing, either from my thighs rubbing each other, or from my suit. Tried switching suits - no avail. Please help as I can only surf for about an hour before the rash sets in, and that salt water starts stinging!|||Several things you can try: use paraffin instead of regular surf wax and wear a longer leg very soft swim suit with a Speedo underneath. I found one at K-Mart for $10 that is made out of almost the same material as rash guards. Also, use Vaseline intensive care before you surf and treat your legs with diaper rash when you get out.|||Get a good wetsuit this time... psycho 2 or mutant etc.

Report Abuse


|||Yeah, vaseline...its like sex wax for your legs!! heheeh.. You may have to reapply after about an hour in the water - but at least you wont have to quit!!|||i wear underarmor under my suit|||What i do to prevent it is wearing a jammer under neath my suit, the jammer is very light so it is still comfortable...a jammer can probably be bought at any swimming store and it's kind of like a long speedo down to about your knees|||2 solutions: 1. wear rash gaurd shorts beneath the suit. They are rare but you can find them. If you can't find them in surf shops, you can get the spandex shorts that people do aerobics in. 2. Vaseline your thighs before you get into the suit.|||yahh , put some Vaseline on your thighs, then is goes on your deck and that is a slippery trick. get a longer pair of trunks, maybe?





peace

No comments:

Post a Comment